Christmas was low stress for once - I warned everyone that I wasn't cleaning and that they were welcome to join me in ordering Chinese from the corner store that was open Christmas Day. At least one person came over in her jammies, and another took pity on us and cooked ribs. It was great. I wore my cat pajamas (ho ho ho) and didn't lift a finger. Ok, I admit that I did a little cleaning in the bathroom, but that was it. I did knit a bunch, though. :) We ordered a huge amount of food from the restaurant and stuffed ourselves until we couldn't move. Pure. Bliss.
My lovely mom gave me Barbara Walker's 4 Treasuries and Margaret Stove's book on designing lace. It's more of a text book, and has exercises to knit. I've started reading it and am at the 2nd chapter. So far she's gone over the history of lace knitting/ knitted lace, and is explaining the actual structure of the loops. It's great to have the background, as knowing context and how it all fits technically on the most basic level makes it easier to learn how to make one's own patterns and stitches.
There's a chart for an absolutely amazing 3D spider in one of the Walker Treasuries. I'm already trying to decide what I should use it on. Granny Spider is one of my totems and it really blew me away to see her in large print in such a fantastic knitting source. Definitely appropriate.
I plan to dust off my wheel tomorrow after I get some writing done and start re-learning to spin. Heaven knows I have enough fleece to keep me going for the next couple of years. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The third treasury. It's incredible looking! Very realistic.
So how did you end up with a spider for a blog pet? :)
Post a Comment