
This is a pair of earrings made with glass crystals and black clon macrame cord. The design was inspired by some knotwork in an old early 20th century fine knotting pamphlet.

I have been obsessed with this color green all year, and have a big stash of beads in it. For some reason this color makes me feel happy, and I can't seem to stop making things with it. The president of our local bead society bought these earrings, which is a pretty huge thrill. :)

One of my favorite neighbors bought this pair of earrings, to "support our local starving artists." I haven't seen her wear them yet. lol.

My friend Pippi keeps telling me to use more pink because "pink is the new navy!" I get a lot of comments on these earrings, the most common of which is "I like them, but they're too big!" I love huge earrings and my designs definitely reflect this. Not only that, the knotting needs a lot of space to really strut its stuff.
One of my goals for the next month is to make a much shorter version of this pair.
No comments:
Post a Comment