Lots of things going on, like, cancer treatment ended, I've gone back to work, and I actually have enough energy to knit again. Some neighbors and I started a knitting group at a local soda shop/ice cream parlor and it's turning out to be a whole lotta fun. The shop is Pops Ice Cream and Soda Bar and you can find them here:
1916 Memorial Avenue Roanoke, VA 24015 (around the corner from The Grandin Theatre, next door to Spikes) (540)345-2129
We meet on Wed nights from 7 to 9 pm.
HOURS
Friday and Saturday: 11AM - 11PM Sunday: 11AM - 9PM Monday & Tuesday: CLOSED Wednesday & Thursday: 11AM - 9PM
Their MySpace page is here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=71549640
The place is a 1940s/1950s style joint owned by two rockabilly fans. The atmosphere is fabulous and they encourage people to hang out. They serve gourmet grilled cheese sammys and the soda syrups are made by the owners. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment