Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tilli Tomas yarn

I know I'm late to the debate about Tilli Tomas' price fixing but one thing mystifies me. Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't like TT yarn? I bought some (horribly expensive) silk with tiny sequins yarn to use in a small shoulder shawl and have found that the yarn is fuzzing up in a not so attractive way. The spin on it is pretty loose and the fibers are pulling away from the rest of the yarn. The other thing I'm not so crazy about is the thread they use to attach the beads/sequins/pretty bits to the yarn. I don't suppose there's any better way to do it but I don't like the look of it.

I like their politics - they're rather like Lantern Moon in terms of commisioning the yarn from impoverished communities. I'd love to learn more about that part of their business. Don't like their yarn at all, though. :)

No comments: